≡ Menu

Welcome ~ a dream come true!

Mabel-JUNE-FC

I’ve been dreaming up starting a magazine for as long as I can remember; some long time friends can attest to this dream. When Liz and I met and we discovered that we shared the love of magazines, we would set out on dates to the bookstores and magazine shops just to browse, review, purchase the latest and greatest.  I think when Liz had had enough of me “talking” about this dream and not doing anything about it we agreed to do it together.  I knew that was the missing link for me – to do it along side someone I trusted and loved and knew held the same vision.  Liz and I brainstormed our visions and our mission around starting “another” magazine along side all the many out there.  We realized we wanted something more “real”, something that spoke more to the truth about women.  Not just the photoshopped version of it all.

Then came the time to choose a name, we knew we wanted a woman’s name because we already had a vision of who this woman was but choosing the right name became quite hard – especially when you think about having a website (who knew there were so many woman named magazines out there?)  When we finally came upon the name Mabel it resonated with both of us.  There were a few names we were going back and forth on but when I was talking to our dear friend Grace she did this little test with me and Mabel rose to the top.  We just knew Mabel was our gal.

So here she is …welcome Mabel Magazine.  You’ve been a dream come true in the making and I’m so honored to have Liz along side on this journey.  Thank you to all of our contributors and behind the scenes helpers.  We couldn’t do it without you. Thank you for trusting in our dream and our vision.

Sign up for the newsletter and pre-order our #1 issue shipping out in June.  More to come..

{ 9 comments… add one }

• Liz Kalloch April 18, 2014, 5:28 pm

: )

• Maya April 19, 2014, 10:38 am

Soooo thrilled for your new adventure, girls. And so proud of you for the determination and vision you carry, not just to make good art, but to create something that matters, that changes the way people think about their own capacities. What a beautiful inspiration this will be for all of us.

• Stefanie Renee April 19, 2014, 12:57 pm

thank you maya! xoxo

• michelle gd April 21, 2014, 12:27 pm

maya has said it so well already.

to all of that
    to both of you
    to mabel and the women she represents

• Tina Tierson April 23, 2014, 9:44 am

I’m so excited about the magazine! I’ve always been a magazine junkie too, but I’ve really begun to cut back – not too much out there that satisfied what I was looking for. But now Mabel sounds EXACTLY right and I can’t wait to get the first issue. Congratulations to you both!!!

• Lisa Wright April 23, 2014, 1:02 pm

When I was a little girl I had similar dreams. I got to set up several magazines but they have always been for companies – internal newsletters. Still my babies, but never quite the magical publication I had in mind! Congratulations on your endeavour. I have a new dream – writing something for you… (if you write it down, it’s gonna happen right?)

• stephinie May 12, 2014, 4:00 pm

Just found you through a friend (Michelle) and everything here looks so lovely! I look forward to seeing more……

• Tingle May 14, 2014, 11:50 am

I cannot wait to wrap myself up in the pages of this magazine. I am so proud of you women, the way you walk in this world, the way you talk the walk, and truly not just walk, but leap! You are inspiring always.

• Jennier May 15, 2014, 5:34 am

Wahoo!! So proud of both you. Can not wait to hold Mabel in my hands. xoxox Sending you so much love and joy as you create!